June 29, 2016 || Mallika Singhania
When we first heard about Mint n' Oranges, we thought, well, they must be just another Indian wear brand. But, as soon as we saw their collections, we couldn't stop staring!
In the world of bling, Mint n' Oranges proves that simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. "Keep it simple" is their mantra, but what's interesting is, that they keep everything simple, but give it an unimaginable twist.
It's not your usual brand- it defies the ordinary, and pushes boundaries towards the unexpected.
Here are 10 things about the brand that have completely bowled us over, and have made us their avid patrons.
1. Mint n' Oranges brings to you fabrics that speak of an era that has gone by. The fabrics represent the cultural heritage of India and are presented in a way that would suit our modern day style sensibilities. There is so much romance and vintage appeal in these pieces.
2. The fabrics represent millions of hours of workmanship by our talented "karigars." Each and every piece is painstakingly handwoven, mingling pure Chanderi with silk, and is a showcase of their craft. These fabrics live, and breathe with you.
3. We truly believe that in this era of over abundance, and bling; understated is one of the best ways to stand out in a crowd. These fabrics allow you to do just that. Simplicity is their biggest fortes, and each of their pieces bring out your natural beauty through them.
4. What the brand is most known for is their colour combinations and unique designs. These fabrics can easily look insipid, dated, and boring if they are not handled correctly. The vibrant hues that are magically blended together by the founders is what makes the fabrics stand apart. Neon fluorescent colours are mixed with matt colours to create eclectic sarees and separates.
5. If you thought Banarasi and Chanderi fabrics can only be worn in one way. Think again. The brand shows you how to drape the sarees in contemporary silhouettes, and they look stunning! Move over pre-stitched, and indo-western sarees!
6. The colours are full bodied and rich. They truly encompass the colours and moods of traditional India. Very rarely do we see such definitive colours, like this red sindoor coloured saree. To add to it, the sarees are cleverly contrasted with silk blouses and pallas, giving them a richer look. Truly, the array of vibrant pieces are a sight for sore eyes, and can be worn through the year.
7. We are absolutely in love with the lehenga sets, that have already become runway hits. Everything from the workmanship, colours, and silhouttes are bang on. The best time to be dressed in traditional attire is during weddings, and we can't think of better options than these shimmering lehengas.
8. Looking for something more modern or formal? They have that too. These lehengas, and sarees in black are perfect for champagne corking evenings. What's more, the fabrics are light enough for you to dance the night away. Just complete your look with some fresh flowers in your hair, and you are good to go!
9. The real beauty is in the fact that Banarasi Saris can last for generations. Why would anyone want to invest in a piece that would give them a few wears, when these Saris can be passed on as heirlooms. At a price range between Rs.6000 to Rs.45,000 (for Saris) they are worth every penny because they will last you for many years. Moreover, these are evergreen pieces which cannot go out of fashion.
10. The brand is the brain child of Preeti Mahajan, and her daughter Kalli Mahajan, who is just 20 years old. Kalli Mahajan actually thought of the idea, at the young age of 18 years. She handles the marketing and communication for the brand, and brings in a lot of fresh, modern, and vibrant inputs to the table. She convinced her mother, Preeti who was working in the IT business for 20 years to diversify into this field.
Together, they handle all orders, and are prompt at deliveries. Your orders can be shipped to you between 4-7 days!
We can't think of any reason why you would not want to visit them as soon as you can. To make life simpler for you, here are the contact details:
In case you like something, you can fill the Enquiry Form on their website, www.mintnoranges.com, and check the pricing with them of any product.
You can also Whatsapp on +919810286855 and get any queries answered.
Facebook Page Details: www.facebook.com/Mintnoranges